Top 10 Safari Lodges in South Africa
1. Singita Sweni Lodge- Kruger National Park
With several lodges to choose from, this tranquil lodge located on edge of the Sweni River is sure to please.
2. Royal Malewane – Kruger National Park
This lodge is too luxurious to not include; it’s also been ranked the third best hotel in the world by Travel + Leisure. Plus, every room includes a private pool.
3. Etali Safari Lodge- Madikwe Game Reserve
The fifth largest game reserves in South Africa, yet not wildly popular. It is truly a hidden gem. The lodge is nestled in the reserve and is a cozy spot for safari adventure.
4. Mala Mala Game Reserve Private Camp- Mala Mala Game Reserve
Here, you’ll always have stunning views of the landscape, knowledgeable guides, and cozy accommodations.
5. Londolozi Tree Camp- Londolozi Private Game Reserve
They call themselves the ‘most stylist family-run camp in Africa’ for a reason. This 5-star luxury resort is the definition of glamping.
6. Sabi Sands Earth- Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Sculpted into a slope of the earth, almost invisible from its surroundings, the lodge uses texture, light and space to present a lodge like no other. It has been described as the most environmentally friendly lodge in Africa.
7. The Kingston Treehouse- Lion Sands, South Africa
Constructed of glass and wood, Kingston is completely open to the elements while still being protective and equipped with full bathroom and shower facilities.
8. Leopard Hill Private Game Reserve- Sabi Sands, South Africa
Private and exclusive, this resort guarantees privacy and the highest level of service.
Stylish and sophisticated, yet refreshingly simple, this spot is ideal for family travel.
10. Tswalu Kalahari Reserve Lodge- Kalahari Reserve
This secluded lodge rests on South Africa’s largest Reserve, and it is known for one of the best spas in the country. Do you need any other reasons to want to visit this place?